You see people with flat, firm tummies, and you wonder if you, too, can have that look. Hours in the gym help but aren’t getting you where you want to be. It’s okay to feel a little envious, and it’s equally important to know there are options to help you achieve your goals! Yes, we’re talking about a tummy tuck, a truly surgical transformative procedure.
What is a tummy tuck?
Simply said, a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is a surgical procedure that improves your abdomen’s appearance. It redefines your body’s midsection by removing excess skin and fat, as well as tightening separated abdominal muscles, if needed. It can also eliminate some stretch marks as long as they are located on removed skin. I reposition the remaining skin and create a more toned belly and waist.
There are two main types of tummy tucks:
- Full abdominoplasty involves the entire abdominal region.
- Partial or mini abdominoplasty only includes the lower belly area below the belly button.
When doing a tummy tuck, I perform “lipo abdominoplasty,” meaning it includes liposuction to ensure I remove the unwanted fat during surgery.
A tummy tuck fixes…
A mommy makeover and daddy do-over often include a tummy tuck, and it’s also ideal as a stand-alone option. It can help patients achieve ideal proportions.
- Removes extra skin: Pregnancy and excessive weight loss can leave behind extra skin that’s sagging and you can’t get rid of it through exercise or nonsurgical skin tightening procedures. With a tummy tuck, I remove this extra skin, thereby helping you achieve your aesthetic goals.
- Removes extra fat: A spare tire may be good for your car but not your body. If you’ve been carrying extra fat around your stomach area and can’t get rid of it, not only may you be unhappy with how you look, it’s also unhealthy. A tummy tuck removes the excess fat and lets you have a much less flabby, slimmer you!
- Repairs weakened and separated abdominal muscles: Especially after pregnancy and childbirth, the abdominal muscles weaken and may separate. A tummy tuck can repair these by suturing them, adding to the tighter, more sculpted look.
A tummy tuck cannot fix…
This is a body contouring procedure, not weight loss surgery. You may lose a few pounds and it could even encourage you to keep your weight down as you enjoy your new silhouette. But please don’t confuse that with permanent weight loss. Although I remove excess fat, this can’t prevent you from gaining weight. To get the best from your tummy tuck, make sure you maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
And, as much as people want, a tummy tuck can’t remove most stretch marks. I can only remove stretch marks located on the excised skin. These are the ones usually below the belly button.
Narcotics-free tummy tuck
YES! Although a tummy tuck can be an involved procedure, I am pleased to provide narcotics-free recovery. My focus is on stopping pain before it starts, which frees you from the need for opioids, and makes the entire process smoother, and faster.
Are you ready for a flatter tummy?
A tummy tuck is a great way to sculpt an already healthy body. Please contact my patient coordinators to schedule your confidential consultation. Call 312.757.4505 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.