Thanksgiving through Valentine’s Day is the most popular time for couples to get engaged. As you plan all the details for your big day, it’s also time to consider one or several cosmetic procedures so you can look and feel your best on your wedding day.
Some brides, grooms, and wedding parties are adding procedures to smooth wrinkles or guarantee a glowing complexion; others use the big day as an impetus to change or enhance a feature they’ve wanted to deal with for a while.
Please remember that each body, breast, and facial procedure requires a different amount of time for recovery or to see the final results. Plan accordingly. With that in mind, here is a timeline with some of our favorite picks for bridal parties.
Six Months or More Before your “I Do”
- Breast Augmentation: Many brides choose breast augmentation to add natural-looking fullness and to better fill out their wedding dresses. You have the option to enhance both size and shape. Remember to have this surgery before having your dress altered.
- Liposuction: Pockets of fat you just can’t exercise away? Liposuction surgically effectively removes hard-to-target fat cells in specific areas, such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms or neck. Liposuction results are immediately visible and continue to improve as swelling goes down. Lipo is great for men and women. You’ll need time to recover and to see your final results.
- Male Breast Reduction: The groom needs to look and feel great, too. If Gynecomastia has been a problem, now’s the time to do something about it. You’ll look great on your wedding day, for the honeymoon, and afterwards.
- Rhinoplasty: Bumps? Imbalance? Breathing problems? Whatever your issue, Rhinoplasty (commonly called a nose job) is surgery that corrects and reconstructs the nose. Be prepard for bruising and swelling for a few weeks following the procedure. Afterwards, you’ll be ready for your photo shoot.
Three Months Before your “I Do”
- CoolSculpting: Have some stubborn fat? If you want to shape your body, but don’t want surgery, CoolSculpting might provide an excellent alternative for you. This treatment reduces fat and has no downtime for recovery. Results start to appear just a few weeks after treatment and continue to improve. Plan accordingly! You may want a second treatment, ideally six weeks after the first.
- Profound: Going to the beach for your honeymoon and want smooth thighs? Consider Profound RF! This procedure is minimally invasive fractional radiofrequency (RF) procedure tightens and smooths the skin, reducing the signs of cellulite.
One Month Before your “I Do”
- Injectables and Fillers: Smooth facial lines, restore facial volume, fill up your lips for the perfect first “official” kiss as a married couple…we have a filler for these and more! Injectable dermal fillers can add volume and enhance the shape of the lips. Injectable treatments are quick and easy, perfect for a busy bride and bridal party. Most require no downtime!
- eTwo™ Skin Rejuvenation: Acne scars? Let’s get rid of them! With eTwo™ Skin Rejuvenation—infrared light treatment (Sublime) with a bi-polar radiofrequency energy treatment (Sublative). Since you may need more than one treatment, talk with us sooner than a month so we can create an ideal treatment plan for you.
For the Moms
Moms want to look their best on your big day, too.
- Three – Six Months Out: This is the time for moms to have their breast procedures—reduction and/or lift can help them look great in the dresses for all the special events. This is also the time when moms look in the mirror and see signs of age they don’t appreciate. No worries! They have time for their facial procedures, including face lift, brow lift, Blepharoplasty (eyelids), or neck lift. Also, we have many nonsurgical facial treatments—FaceTite, Kybella, Profound—to reduce the signs of aging.
- A Month Before: Injectables and fillers can do miracles to reduce dynamic wrinkles, smoothing out facial creases and lines.
What’s the best “I Do” procedures for you?
Come see us before you tie the knot. Pre-wedding procedure(s) can help you to look your best as you walk down the aisle. Please contact my patient coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.757.4505 to schedule a confidential consultation.
Located in Chicago’s Lincoln Park, our offices are a warm, friendly and comfortable place to share your wants, needs and concerns.