Patients ask if winter is a good time for a procedure—either a surgical on nonsurgical one. Here are the common questions I hear and some general answers. Remember that we are always here to help you determine what’s right to help you meet your goals.
Q: Should I schedule surgery now?
A: Absolutely. Many patients find that the end of the year is the perfect time for them to have their desired procedure. They may have annual leave days left, many of which are “use it or lose it” days. You can easily apply those paid days off to your recovery time.
Other patients take off at the start of the year after a very busy holiday season and use the time for their procedure’s recovery.
Q: What about nonsurgical procedures?
- Frax 1550 is a non-ablative laser that is highly effective in skin resurfacing for texture, and mild to moderate wrinkles.
- Ellipse IPL uses exclusive laser technology for exceptional skin rejuvenation and requires fewer treatments than other laser treatments.
- Kybella® is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that destroys fat cells in the treatment area, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin.
After any of these treatments, we suggest you can use a cold compress to minimize swelling and avoid intense heat from a hot shower or tub, as well as keep your skin well moisturized.
You’ll want to avoid exposure to the sun during the healing process, usually about a week!
Q: Is it safe to have surgery during the pandemic?
A: We understand your concern. Please know that your safety is of paramount concern to us. That’s why we have adopted procedures that abide by or exceed CDC guidelines.
Prior to your surgery, we walk you through the steps you’ll need to follow. These include:
- Having a pre-operative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of your scheduled procedure to ensure you test negative. After being tested, you’ll have to self-quarantine until the day of surgery.
- When you arrive at the surgery center, your temperature is checked and it must be less than 100.4°F prior to proceeding with your procedure.
- The surgical facility minimizes your time in the waiting area. The chairs there have been spaced apart, and it maintains low patient volumes and proper social distancing.
- Infection control remains everyone’s top priority. The facility’s cleaning policies follow all established infection control procedures.
Time to talk with us
Interested in having any procedure now or in the future? It’s the perfect time to speak with us. I invite you to contact my patient coordinators at email@example.com or call 312.757.4505 to schedule your confidential consultation.
Our new and expanded office is located at 939 W North Avenue, Suite 600, in Chicago’s Lincoln Park