My usual response, as it is for any question about whether someone should have surgery, is “what makes you unhappy about your looks?”
- If there are a few wrinkles or imperfections that bother you, there are now many nonsurgical options to consider before taking the leap of having a facelift.
- If nonsurgical or a minimally invasive procedures are no longer adequate, and you’re still not happy with how you look, then by all means, let’s talk surgery.
Let’s look at your options:
A few wrinkles or imperfections bothering you? No matter your age, you may have a few unwanted wrinkles or imperfections that you wish were gone. Poof! Like magic, we can make that happen.…at least temporarily.
These may or may not be age related. No matter the cause, there are many injectable and filler options:
- Neurotoxins, such as Botox, temporarily weaken the muscle(s) causing wrinkles. Patients usually set up a schedule for having their injections every 3–4 months.
- Fillers are a great way to restore lost volume or correct structure. I also use fillers to smooth out skin, augment areas, such as lips, cheeks, chin, and so much more. These products last 6 –24 months.
More Nonsurgical Fixes
We can turn back time and delay the need for a surgical option with one of these amazing rejuvenation treatments:
- Profound RF reverses multiple signs of aging, including effectively toning lax skin and creating dermal volume, with just one in-office treatment.
- Sublative promotes collagen production using fractionated bi-polar radio frequency with no downtime.
- By combining radio frequency and light energy, Sublime reduces fine wrinkles, improves facial contours, and skin quality.
Do you want more than a nonsurgical procedure but still not ready for a facelift? There is another option—Silhouette InstaLift. This in-office, minimally invasive breakthrough anti-aging treatment lifts the deeper layers of the skin in the mid-face or cheek area. It is a natural-looking way to redefine facial contours, and a great way to achieve a more youthful appearance.
Time to talk surgery
If your face is showing signs of aging and none of the other options seem adequate to accomplish your goals, it may be time for us to talk about a facelift.
Having a facelift is the surgical way to address sagging skin, deep creases and volume loss that contribute to an aged facial appearance. This procedure does more than lift and trim the sagging skin. I actually lift the underlying the muscle and tissue, which ultimately puts less tension on the skin.
Keep in mind that the best facelifts give a refreshed, younger look. The last thing you’d want is to look overly tightened and pulled. The good news is that a facelift can offer dramatic and excellent results.
Since this is surgery, you will have some down time following a facelift. It could take you about two weeks to get back to your normal daily routine. Additionally, it may take up to a year for all residual swelling, bruising and changes in skin sensation to resolve.
Let’s start the discussion
We are here for any and all your needs. Call and schedule a consultation 312.757.4505 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions you want answered anonymously?
I am a frequent contributor to RealSelf.com. You’re welcome to post questions there for general responses. Obviously, I can’t give specific answers; for that, you’ll want to come in for a private and completely confidential appointment to address your particular issues.
Located in Chicago’s Lincoln Park, our offices are a warm, friendly and comfortable place to share your wants, needs and concerns.