In our continuing series, this month we are talking about how there is more than one way to solve sagging wrinkled skin around your jaw and neck, and the various neck contouring options we offer.
My patients recognize facial and neck changes as they age. But adding years isn’t the only reason for these unwanted changes. Weight gains and losses, not to mention your genetics, are also culprits in causing neck issues.
Let’s look at your neck contouring options:
Surgical Neck Contouring Fix
Platysmaplasty, commonly referred to as a neck lift, is a customized surgical procedure that involves tightening and removing the unwanted skin from your neck. It can treat…
- Jowls in the lower face
- Excess fatty deposits under the chin
- Loose neck skin
- Muscle banding in the neck, which creates abnormal contours
Nonsurgical Neck Contouring Fixes
Not ready for or don’t want surgery? The good news is that we offer a wide range of nonsurgical neck contouring options.
Tighten the Skin
- Morpheus8 is the minimally invasive technology that combines microneedling with Radio Frequency (RF) technology. It can take years off your neck and restores a more youthful you by remodeling collagen while coagulating adipose tissue. Morpheus8 is safe and effective with minimal downtime. You may have some swelling, redness, bruising, or tenderness but these usually resolve in a day or so.
- FaceTite is a nonsurgical alternative to a traditional facelift. It uses Radio Frequency (RF) technology to contour the face and boost collagen production in the skin. It simultaneously melts the fat while tightening the skin giving you quick results. Depending on if you’re having FaceTite as a solo procedure or combined with other treatments, you can have it performed either in-office or the operating room.
- Frax 1550 is a non-ablative laser that is extremely effective in resurfacing your skin. It’s ideal for improving your skin tone and texture, as well as reducing fine lines.
Lose the Fat
If your issue is fat under your chin creating double (or more) chins, we have effective nonsurgical options for this problem to help your neck look smoother, tighter, and help create a more defined jawline.
- Kybella injections dissolve fat cells.
- CoolSculpting freezes and destroys small pockets of fat.
Pros and Cons
Surgery: A surgical neck lift is the gold standard to give you a refreshed, younger appearance that will last for years. Of course, your face will continue to age as you do. But, as with all facial surgical procedure, you’ll look your best longer! As with other surgical procedures, you’ll need more time to recover and there is the possibility of visible scars, though I do find ways to hide and minimize them.
Nonsurgical Options: Most treatments are relatively quick and have minimal downtime. You’ll also not have visible scars. However, the nonsurgical procedures only treat mild skin sagging and skin tightening procedures only produce temporary results. To maintain your results, you’ll have to repeat your treatments.
Explore Your Customized Neck Contouring Options
You could like how you look! Call now to schedule your confidential daddy do-over consultation. Contact my patient coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 312.757.4505.
Our new and expanded office is located at 939 W North Avenue, Suite 600, in Chicago’s Lincoln Park!