In our continuing series discussing how there is more than one way to solve a problem, last month I talked about facial rejuvenation options. But, what about ‘imperfections?” You know, the things that bother you about your face.
The good news: you don’t have to “just deal with it” anymore. We have options to help you eliminate — or at least minimize — the facial characteristics you don’t like. Here are a few to think about:
Are your lips thin or imbalanced? Fillers can help here. Talk with our talented injector team and discover which filler is best for you.
You say you already have fillers, but you don’t like how your lips look? Guess what?! We have a solution for this too. If you have lumps or bumps, asymmetry, look overly augmented, or have had filler that migrated where you don’t want it, we can…
- Dissolve the filler with a hyaluronidase enzyme so you can start over.
- Balance your lips with the appropriate filler expertly placed where you need it.
Do you like your nose? Great! Then, please leave it alone!!
But if it’s lopsided, too small, or too big, we want you to know there are corrective options for you:
Facial imperfections – options for your nose
- Fillers: We use dermal fillers as a nonsurgical rhinoplasty (nose job). It lets us add subtle volume and create better balance between your nose’s bridge and the tip of the nose. As with all fillers, this is temporary; you will need touch ups periodically as your body absorbs the dermal filler.
- Rhinoplasty: A surgical nose job permanently changes the shape and size of your nose. Many patients have surgery because they have breathing issues (deviated septum); others approach it strictly from a cosmetic reason.
Regardless of why or how you want to change the shape and size of your nose, please keep in mind that there is no “perfect” nose. You want yours to look right on your face and not mirror some media star’s appearance.
Chinny Chin Chin
What’s happening with that chin? Some patients just have a sinking jaw line, while others are seeing theirs double, or even triple. As with other areas of your face, we can help here, too.
Chin Facial Imperfections – options
- Fillers are great for patients who want more projection and better definition in the lower half of their face, to give you a well-defined profile.
- Kybella and CoolSculpting are nonsurgical ways to counter genetics, gravity and, fat that often combine to create that second — or even third — chin. You’ll have an improved jawline.
- Surgical approach is always a possibility to tighten the loose skin and firm up that sagging jawline, giving better definition to your chin.
The Skinny on Your Skin
Facial Imperfections – options for your skin
Let’s not forget about your skin. After all, it covers your face. It’s okay if you have imperfections because we’ll help you get rid of them!
- Scars and uneven skin tone: You don’t have to hide those acne scars, or dark/age spots under layers of makeup. We offer various skin correcting treatments – including Sublime, Sublative, and eTwo — Microneedling, and chemical peels.
- Skin care: You need a high-quality everyday skin care routine at home, which is why we recommend products from top brands like Alastin and VI DERM.
Discover Your Options for Improving Facial Imperfections
Our new and expanded office is located at 939 W North Avenue, Suite 600, in Chicago’s Lincoln Park!