Injectables are FDA-approved nonsurgical treatments that temporarily add volume to your face and decrease wrinkles. They provide a smoother appearance when expertly injected into areas where moderate facial wrinkles, folds, and thin or hollow areas occur.
Typically, we inject dermal fillers and neuromodulators to address different appearance concerns, including:
- Nasolabial folds — the lines located on either side of your mouth
- Marionette lines — the long vertical lines that laterally circumscribe your chin and form commas from the lips down
- Lips — plump them up and fill in lip lines
- Hollow cheeks — restore youthful apple cheeks
- Facial wrinkles — erase frown lines and crow’s feet
- Temples — reduce sagging skin and wrinkles
- Chin and jaw line — create a more balanced look, as well as add a stronger jaw line
Dermal fillers and neuromodulators are excellent options when you want big results quickly with little downtime.
How injectables work?
Dermal fillers consist of soft injectable gel that’s made up of stabilized hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring sugar molecule in the skin that hold onto water. They are injected into the treatment area and add volume to the skin by boosting your skin’s supply of hyaluronic acid. The result is you’ll instantly see the diminished appearance of lines and wrinkles, and give you a natural, softer, and in many circumstances, younger look.
Depending on which filler, plus where and how deep injected, your results can last about six months to a year, some even longer.
Neuromodulators, including Botox (the Gold Standard!), contain a purified form of botulinum toxin that keep nerves from triggering muscle contractions that stretch the skin. This continues to be patients’ favorite way to say goodbye to annoying upper face wrinkles.
Which injectables do we use?
With so many injectables and fillers on the market, patients often find it difficult to know what’s right for them. Please know we use the latest and greatest injectables and fillers to ensure you get the best results. This includes:
- Juvéderm Family of Fillers, Restylane Family of Fillers, RHA — used for all the areas mentioned above
- Sculptra — works by stimulating collagen formation and is used in larger areas of the face and body including total face, buttock, decolletage, and for mild cellulite.
- Botox, Xeomin, Dysport, Jeuveau– these injected neuromodulators target the underlying causes of frown lines, crow’s feet, and other wrinkles.
New products continually enter the market and, as such, we evaluate them to see if they will enhance our patients’ aesthetics and needs.
Our talented aesthetic staff is here to help create the right injectable treatment for you.
Keeping you comfortable
We believe you should be comfortable during any injectable procedure. That’s why we have several options for keeping any pain to a minimum.
- Prior to injecting, we apply a numbing agent, if necessary.
- For greater comfort, we preferentially select fillers that have been premixed with lidocaine.
- Patients still concerned about discomfort or anxiety have the option of Pro-Nox aesthetic system to help relieve pain and anxiety.
Are injectables right for you?
Overall, injectables are a great way to rejuvenate your face without the need for surgery or long recovery time. Patients can enjoy a fresh, youthful look in a matter of minutes. It’s okay if you’re interested but not sure what might be your best option. Contact my patient coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 312.757.4505 and let us help you.
Our new and expanded office is located at 939 W North Avenue, Suite 600, in Chicago’s Lincoln Park!