Many women are unhappy with the size of their breasts and want them either larger (augmentation) or smaller (reduction). Still others like the size of their breasts but have become unhappy with their position. After all, regardless of size or shape, women have discovered that gravity is not their friend! The good news is that a breast lift has the ability to improve any sagging or placement issues.
Why breasts sag
There are three main reasons breasts sag.
- Having kids: Breast tissue stretches during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Afterwards, breast may seem “deflated,” which leads to sagging.
- Weight changes: Just like all other skin, as women gain and lose weight, breasts stretch as well, causing them to lose elasticity and ultimately becoming droopy.
- Aging: Your breasts aren’t immune to the signs of aging. Just like the rest of the body, breasts change, too. As you age, you lose elastin and have sagging skin; your breasts may sag as well.
Let’s talk about a breast lift
With a breast lift procedure, we can reshape, and rejuvenate your breasts, reposition the nipple and areola, and restore a more youthful appearance. And, depending on what you want and need, a breast lift can be performed as a standalone procedure, or paired with a breast reduction or augmentation. A lift typically deals with sagging breasts, but it can also help deal with excess or stretched skin, as well as downward-pointing or enlarged areolas.
What it involves: A breast lift is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin, reshapes the breast tissue, addresses the size or shape of areolas, when necessary, and repositions nipples to point forward instead of down.
Surgical goal: to give you a natural, youthful, perkier silhouette.
Think about a lift this way:
- If you lost breast volume following pregnancy or weight loss, you may want breast augmentation and a breast lift to regain, enhance, or reshape your breasts.
- If your breasts are large and heavy, sag and cause you back pain, as well have difficulty finding clothing and you’re self-conscience about how you look, breast reduction combined with a lift may provide a the right combination for you.
- If you like the size and shape of your breasts but unhappy with what gravity has done to them, a lift by itself may solve the problem.
Whatever your objective, let us help you plan the procedure that best suits your needs.
Ready to talk about a breast lift?
Located in Chicago’s Lincoln Park, our offices are a warm, friendly and comfortable place to share your wants, needs and concerns.
Coming soon: our new and expanded offices at 939 W North Avenue, Suite 600, Chicago!