You want larger breasts, but you don’t want implants, right? Good news: breast augmentation without implants is possible. That is, assuming you’re interested in having a relatively small increase in breast size and would prefer natural results.
Fat transfer is fabulous for enhancing the breasts, restoring their shape, improving cleavage, and is also a great option for women who want to address minor breast asymmetry. I also perform it as a breast augmentation revision procedure when women have surface irregularities caused by saline implant rippling and to mask visible implant edges.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Procedure
This is a 3-step procedure involving using liposuction to remove fat from one area of your body and injecting it into your breasts.
- Lipo: I make a small incision in the donor area where there is fat to use. Imagine you can get rid of unwanted fat and use it where you do want it! Favorite donor fat sites include the abdomen, love handles, and thighs.
- Purify: The harvested fat gets purified and ready for use.
- Inject: This purified fat is strategically injected into the breast tissue to make the breasts larger, proportionate, and natural looking.
Benefits of Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
If you’re looking for about 1/2 – 1 cup size increase and/or correct minor breast asymmetry, this may be the right option for you. Here are some of the benefits of using your own fat for enhancing your breasts:
- It’s all natural. You’re not putting any foreign substances in your body.
- You don’t have to worry about potential complications from implants.
- Your breasts will not only look natural, but they will also feel that way, too.
- You lose fat in places you may have been wanting to that diet and exercise don’t touch, and you gain bigger and better shaped breasts.
- There are almost no scars. During the fat transfer procedure, the fat is removed using small liposuction cannulas and injected into your breasts through very tiny incisions.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Considerations
As with any surgical procedure, there are certain things you should consider in your decision-making process:
- Fat transfer augmentation is limited in how much you can enlarge your breasts, typically about 1/2 – 1 cup size. So, if want greater enhancement, you can have multiple treatments if you have additional donor sites, but please understand these cannot be performed at the same time. For patients wanting only one procedure and/or larger breast enlargement, consider other breast augmentation procedures I offer.
- Some, but certainly not all the fat may be reabsorbed, diminishing the enhancement.
- This procedure does not lift the breasts. If you’re dealing with sagging that’s caused by pregnancy, weight loss, aging, or even genetics, you’ll want to consider a breast lift either additionally or with implants.
They’re your breasts; have them look the way you want!
Our new and expanded office is located at 939 W North Avenue, Suite 600, in Chicago’s Lincoln Park!