Do you look tired even when you feel well rested? Are signs of aging showing around your eyes and making you look older than you are? Do you hate those bags under your eyes? Do you have heavy eyelids that block your vision? If you have any or all of these, blepharoplasty—eyelid surgery—may be the solution for you. Both men and women who want a refreshed look are candidates for eyelid surgery.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure that improves the appearance and/or function of your eyelids. To rejuvenate your eyes, you may elect to have your upper lids, lower lids, or both treated surgically.
When I perform eyelid surgery, I remove the unwanted skin and fat, as well as reposition tissue and tighten skin, as needed, to make the area appear smoother. I can also reduce the heavy bags under eyes to give you a more youthful and refreshed look.
In general, my patients who have eyelid surgery enjoy that they…
- Look more alert and rested.
- Have a softer and more youthful contour to the mid-face and upper cheek areas.
- No longer have obstructed vision issues.
Questions we get asked most often about eyelid surgery
- Will my eyes change their shape? This procedure is not designed to change the shape of the eye. But many patients comment their eyes look bigger since the eyelids aren’t blocking their eyes.
- Will I have visible scars? No. For upper lids, I create the incision in the natural eyelid crease. For lower lids, I make the incisions below the lash line or inside the lower eyelid. For both upper and lower lid surgery, once you heal, your scars are virtually invisible. People will just see you looking refreshed and wonder what’s different.
- What will my recovery be like? This is an easy procedure from which to recover. Even so, it’s still surgery, and you need to give yourself time to rest your eyes. You will have some swelling and possibly bruising. We recommend using ice packs for the first day or so to reduce these. We’ll give you instructions and recommend you follow them to ensure you heal well, and have long-lasting results.
- Do I need to keep my eyes covered? No. Your vision will be unaffected. If you wear contact lenses, you’ll need to take a break and wear your glasses to avoid touching your eyes. And, you may want to wear sunglasses to look stylish while hiding the bruising until healed.
Interested in Blepharoplasty?
We are here to answer your questions and help you decide what procedure would be best for you. Please contact my patient coordinators at email@example.com or call 312.757.4505 to schedule your confidential consultation.
Our new and expanded office is located at 939 W North Avenue, Suite 600, in Chicago’s Lincoln Park!