The simple answer is that if you are over the age of 20, you probably aren’t too young for fillers. Under 20, you’ll want to give yourself time to reach maturity before beginning cosmetic treatments.
Most people think of dermal fillers as a way to reverse visible signs of aging. But, that isn’t their only use. Yes, we use dermal fillers to help our patients look younger and more refreshed. But they have more advantages than that. Dermal fillers also provide subtle, natural-looking augmentation. Their use extends to improving skin appearance by adding volume, as well as contouring and smoothing out the skin.
Here are some of the more common uses for fillers:
We use dermal fillers to…
- Plump up thin lips
- Reshape the nose
- Fill in hollowed areas
- Eliminate deep lines, wrinkles and skin folds
- Make hands more supple and smooth
Patients love dermal fillers because…
Here are a few great reasons why our patients love fillers:
- The average in-office procedure takes than 20 minutes and can produce immediate results.
- Depending on the selected filler and location where injected, results may last 6–24 months.
- Most patients put themselves on a regular maintenance schedule for “refills.” But if that’s not possible, they like the fact the fillers disappear gradually over time, which allows their skin to return to its previous state subtly.
- The results reverse themselves when/if a patient chooses not to have fillers.
Who isn’t a good candidate for fillers?
Not all patients should have fillers. People who have an allergy to any of the ingredients in the filler or a propensity to scar should skip the fillers. Also, patients may want to postpone the procedure when experiencing inflamed or infected skin, pimples, cysts, rashes, or hives.
The bottom line
Deciding if fillers are appropriate for you is a personal one and depends on what you want to accomplish. Please contact my patient coordinators to schedule your confidential consultation. Call 312.757.4505 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions you want answered anonymously?
I am a frequent contributor to RealSelf.com. You’re welcome to post questions there for general responses. Obviously, I can’t give specific answers; for that, you’ll want to come in for a private and completely confidential appointment to address your particular issues.
Located in Chicago’s Lincoln Park, our offices are a warm, friendly and comfortable place to share your wants, needs and concerns.