Just because you’re over 50, it doesn’t mean you stop caring about how you look. To the contrary: many patients in their 50s, 60s and older look for ways to fight off the signs of aging and to keep looking as young as you feel.
This is a great time to splurge on yourself, to stave off wrinkles, eliminate sagging skin, and get rid of other signs that say you’re aging. After all, great years are ahead, and you want to keep looking your best.
Most people notice the signs of aging on their face. Fine lines, or maybe not so subtle ones, can make you look older and tired. This is why injectables and dermal fillers are the most popular nonsurgical options and usually the first patients choose.
- Injectables: Botox, and other neuromodulators, help to relax the muscles that create dynamic wrinkles, smoothing out facial creases and lines.
- Fillers: Wondering where your lips went? Seeing deep wrinkles especially nasolabial folds and marionette lines? Cheeks look hollowed or flattened? Don’t fret! We have a filler (or two or three) for that! Hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvederm®, Restylane®, and Voluma® can plump up and smooth out those areas. Skin on your hands thinning out and wrinkling? Again, there’s a hand rejuvenation filler for that pesky aging problem, too.
Minimally Invasive splurges
As you age, you may find that injectables and/or fillers don’t provide enough skin-smoothing for you. Fortunately, we have other minimally invasive options that are performed in the office and have very little downtime.
- Radiofrequeny Solutions: Check out these revolutionary radiofrequency (RF) ways to tighten and smooth your skin: Profound uses microneedles to encourage your body to build elastin and collagen. For facial treatments, this translates into less-noticeable wrinkles and tighter contours. When done as a cellulite treatment, your skin appears flatter and smoother. BodyTite is an advanced body contouring and refinement procedure that reduces fat and tightens sagging, loose skin. FaceTite contours the face and neck, and AccuTite is ideal for precision work in small areas.
- Double Chin and Other Fat—Be Gone: You have another solution for this, too. Kybella® helps to absorb fats where it is injected into the body. It’s great for decreases the appearance of a double chin, smoothing out breast creases due to stubborn fat, and touching up other areas of the body.
When nonsurgical or minimally invasive options won’t fix what’s bothering you, it’s time to splurge on yourself and have the surgery to help you have the body you want and erase the years showing on your face, including:
- Breast procedures: augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, breast reconstruction, and male breast reduction.
- Body procedures: tummy tuck, post massive weight loss, arm lift, and liposuction
- Facial procedures: face lift, brow lift, Blepharoplasty (eyelids), neck lift
Splurge with us
We can help you figure out which procedures are best for you. My patient coordinators will gladly help you schedule your confidential consultation. Call 312.757.4505 or send us an email at email@example.com.
This is the final article in a series of blogs I’ve posted discussing surgical and nonsurgical options for patients as we age. After all, we all want to look are best…no matter how young or old we are.
Located in Chicago’s Lincoln Park, our offices are a warm, friendly and comfortable place to share your wants, needs and concerns.